So, Valentine’s Day is just a week away? Tempus fugit! Personally speaking, I’m still wondering how’s going to be like. There’s a great Val party coming up this weekend, so naturally, one is looking forward to it.
I’ve come to realize that ladies love their men suave and dapper with little or no beards. A guy may be good looking, good cook, good dresser and intellectually sound, but if he’s facially unkempt, ladies won’t really appreciate him. Truth is, most ladies would prefer a “P.Diddy” look, as opposed to “Damien Marley” or “Rick Ross” looks. Without much ado, here are some shaving tips.
1. If you are the type that shaves daily, avoid doing this first thing in the morning. Wait for about 30 minutes for the fluids in your skin to recede before beginning your shaving ritual.
2. Apply facial cleanser to eradicate dead skin cells. This will open the pores of the skin for close shave.
3. With a shave cream handy, apply and massage it to your stubble (if any).
4. Pick a sharp blade or shaving stick, rinse it in hot water and carefully shave in slow short strokes.
5. Shave in the direction of how hair grows on your face. If you shave against the direction, it’ll cause razor burns, rashes and redness.
6. After shaving, apply an oil-free moisturiser to soothe and protect your skin. However, after-shave balm is also useful but check it for alcohol content.
7. Please guys, avoid using mentholated shaving products. They ALL cause one form of skin irritation or the other. This is the culprit behind guys scratching their chin impulsively.
Finally, it’s very crucial to avoid re-used or dull blades. When a dull blade is applied to the skin, it catches up with the skin and the hairs, thereby leading to cuts and subsequent infections. Please the tips here apply to all skin types. For shaving products, I’d recommend you visit established beauty shops near your area.
Catch fun (if you can)!