As the days for Africa Fashion Week London (AWFL 2012) draw near, models and designers must apprise themselves of what to expect during the casting which comes up on 17th June, 2012 at Hammersmith, London. AFWL is arguably the largest African Caribbean Fashion event in Europe. AFWL PR, which partnered recently with FAB Magazine is billed to take place at Spitalfields, London on 3rd and 4th August, 2012.
Below are details for professional models who want to feature during AFWL 2012. This casting is an open one.
1. AFWL will ONLY HAVE one day casting.
2. Models must be punctual.
3. Models will be paid £100, food and refreshments would be provided on all 4 days that we need you for.
4. Models must commit to all of the following days:
-Fitting days 28th & 29th July – all day on both days
-Show days 3rd & 4th August – all day on both days
5. The casting is open to models of all colours and ethnicity.
6. Female models must be a minimum height of 5.8 and above with UK dress sizes from 6-12
7. Male models must be a minimum height of 5.11
8. All models must bring a 5×6 printed colour picture (head-shot) with your name, email address and phone number on the back.
9. All models would have to complete a form and sign a model release form
10. You must know your statistics so make sure you are measured before attending – stats needed for female models is height, bust and cup size, waist, hips, dress and shoe size and for male models: height, chest, collar size, waist and shoe size.
DATE: 17th June, 2012
VENUE: Distillers Bar (Red Room), 64 Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith, London W6 9PH
Call: 02087482834 for more details.
To enter designers must:
-Submit five high res images of their collection
-Submit a 300 word (maximum) bio detailing the inspiration behind their collections. Prospective designers must also state what showcasing at the event means to them.
All submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of June. A panel comprising members of See Africa Differently and AFWL will then shortlist entries. The five finalists will be submitted to a vote by the public.
For further media inquiries, please contact, Florence Igbokwe – Africa Fashion Week London PR Manager at